Like many of you, I am speaking this Sunday – Mother’s Day. Do you like to speak? Or are you a nervous wreck right now? I am no professional. But I am sharing how I prepare to speak in hopes that it will encourage you as you prepare to speak this weekend . . . or whenever!
Listen to the Episode
5 Ways Paul Encourages Me When It Comes to Speaking
When I came to you, brothers and sisters, announcing the mystery of God to you, I did not come with brilliance of speech or wisdom. I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. My speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of wisdom but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not be based on human wisdom but on God’s power.
1 Corinthians 2:1-5
- RELAX! You don’t have to be a superior communicator or extremely intelligent!
- Keep the main thing the main thing. Focus on Jesus and what He has done for us.
- It’s normal to be nervous.
- It’s not about you – it’s about showing off His power.
- The end result will be built up faith – based on God’s power, not your speaking skills.
Links I Mentioned
Called to Speak – Edna Ellison & Linda Gilden