JOY – it’s one of the most appealing characteristics a person can exhibit and it should be easily recognizable in all Christians – especially pastors’ wives!
Listen to the Show
The Source of Our Joy
Joy is a supernatural gift from God (Romans 15:13) that is not dependent on our circumstances. It is a fruit of the Spirit, and just like any fruit, it must be cultivated.
The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy everything that God wants to give us and joy is no different! Here is an incomplete list, in no particular order, of areas in which the enemy will work:
- criticism and complaints of church members
- too much to do
- lack of family time
- apathetic church members
- physical fatigue
- spiritual wilderness
- lack of growth in the people we lead
- no support for the vision of the church
- when we lose sight of God’s vision
- social media
- the Word (of course!) – Psalm 19:8 says His precepts “rejoice the heart”
- an awareness of the grace of God
- remembering who God is and who you are
- change of mindset – keeping an eternal perspective (Hebrews 12:2)
- guard your thoughts (Philippians 4:8)
- step away – take a break!
- find a ministry outside of your ministry
- exercise (#preachingtomyself)
- CHOOSE joy (James 1:2)
Join the Private Facebook Community
The Pastors’ Wives Podcast group on Facebook is a private group just for you! We’d love to connect with you.
Survey for Pastors’ Wives
I would love for you to take a few minutes and fill out the ANONYMOUS survey I created. Your answers will help me make the PWP better!
Be A Guest on The Pastors’ Wives Podcast
Go to the FAQ page to find out how you can be on an episode of the PWP. I promise – it’s painless!
Subscribe to The Pastors’ Wives Podcast
Don’t miss a single episode of the PWP. Subscribe on iTunes today!